Kik, full name Kik Messenger, is an instant messaging application for mobile devices, available on iOS, Windows Phone, Android, Symbian, and BlackBerry.
Learn how to delete your Kik account
The application is very similar in its operation to BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), WhatsApp and solution Apple “iMessage” that works on iPhones. Like its competitors, Kik requires a data plan or a WiFi connection. Kik is used to exchange messages, pictures, drawings, voice recordings, and other content. Messaging between contacts happens between users via a nickname rather than a phone number. The application has a very pure and basic interface.
Delete Kik Messenger account
We also recommend that you reset your Kik messenger to remove all your conversations. You can do this by signing on on your account and going to Settings > Your account. Click on “Reset Kik Messenger” to remove all your chats.
To deactivate your Kik Messenger account, please follow the steps below:
- On your browser and go to the Kik deactivation page: https://ws.kik.com/deactivate
- Enter your Kik email-address and click on the green “Go” button.
- You should receive a confirmation email in your inbox.
- Click the link “Want to deactivate your account?” in the mail to proceed. As soon as you click this link your account will be deactivated.
- Your account is now deactivated but as soon as you sign in with your username and password, your account will be reactivated again.
We haven’t found a way to completely remove Kik account.